FM Global is looking for an engineer to work as a Consultant Engineer for its Sao Paulo office. This is an opportunity for an engineer starting its career and who wants to work as an onsite field engineer, putting to use engineering knowledge gained in high level universities and the loss prevention and control expertise gained through FM Global's world class loss prevention training program.
Your experience and career development at FM Global starts with extensive training in loss-prevention engineering involving pre self-study material, comprehensive classroom in the United States and on-the-job mentoring from some of the most talented and respected engineers in the world. The career path starts with Consultant Engineer I and can grow up to managerial position or industry specialization like Chemical, Flood, Pulp & Paper or Machinery Breakdown specialists. Continue learning process never ends in this career development.
The Consultant Engineer will be out in the field dealing with real people and real situations. You may find yourself evaluating a structure to ensure that it can withstanding hurricane force winds, or you may work to assess systems that will need to survive the world's worst earthquakes, floods or any other natural hazards as well as fire or machinery breakdown. It is a hands-on job requiring high energy, self motivation and creativity.
You will find yourself working independently from your home office, traveling to client facilities to solve complicated technical issues and meeting with local management of the world's best-known companies. You will be entrusted to evaluate multimillion dollar facilities, sometimes around the world, and make decisions that involve complex business processes every day.
- Bachelor degree in a primary engineering discipline: Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical;
- Some experience in industries and or field engineering;
- Previous experience in pulp and paper, mining and or chemical industry is a plus;
- Self-directed planning and organizational skills;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Self-learning and results-driven;
- Fluent/proficient in English and Portuguese;
- Willingness for overnight travel up to 30%;