FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This position will report directly to the responsible Control Room Supervisor/Manager.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing a solid understanding of FM Global's overall technical environment utilizing hardware and software presently in place to meet business requirements.
- Operating in a Control Room/Computer Room setting joining a team responsible for ensuring operational integrity and quality results are maintained throughout all daily activities.
- In a timely fashion prepare for and conduct tests according to predetermined lab schedule.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation as it relates to Control Room Operations, Testing, technical system requirements or specific lab conditions.
- Support and assist others in IT/IS related tasks; such as database management, network administration and general support and troubleshooting.
- The ability to follow detailed verbal and/or written processes to consistently produce, maintain, and archive critical data in a timely manner.
- The ability to work closely in a team environment or independently supporting multiple initiatives simultaneously while balancing conflicting priorities.
- Analytical ability to process large amounts of data from numerous sources producing accurate documentation in the form of reports, graphs and other technical documentation.
AS / BS in Information Systems or Computer Sciences and Networking
2-3 years of equivalent expierence.
Optional Technical Engineering or Industrial Systems
Demonstrated understanding of Windows Server and Windows client based operating systems.
Strong technical skills installing, configuring and maintaining systems in an enterprise environment.
Demonstrated skills with the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Strong emphasis in Microsoft Excel
Basic understanding of Statistical Data Analysis
Demonstrated experience with application integration and installation of third party products
Good communication skills
Positive, upbeat, team-oriented attitude
Strong desire to learn, adapt to change, and grow.
Statistical data analysis
Object Oriented Programming
Data Acquisition Systems
Industrial Control Systems
Audio / Visual Technologies
Digital Radio Communications
Work Order Management systems (MPULSE)
Secure computing practices and technologies