FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Manage a team of technical staff involved with the testing and certification of electrical equipment for use in hazardous (classified) locations.
- monitoring the day-to-day activities in a manner that ensures that projects are conducted on schedule, within budget and are technically sound and apprising upper management when needed
- managing the compilation, verification and update of all project related information generated by the team
- monitoring equipment and laboratories resources to ensure they are safely and effectively utilized
- working with senior management, develop operating plans and objectives for the team managed
- hiring, developing and maintaining a technically competent and motivated staff
- conducting regular performance appraisals of assigned staff
5 to 10 years experience with the following:
- Management of technical staff
- Safety and installation standards for electrical equipment used in hazardous (classified) locations (e.g. NEC, ANSI, IEC, CSA, UL, EN and FM Approval Standards).
- Testing and certification of Electrical Equipment used in hazardous (classified) locations.
The candidate must also have demonstrated skills in the following areas:
- Project Management
- Personal Development
- Personnel Development
- Organization and Planning
- Communication (written and oral)
- Personal Integrity
- Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Computer Proficiency