Mutual Boiler Re is a division of FM Global and has been providing boiler and machinery insurance in North America for more than 130 years. Mutual Boiler Re specializes in providing Equipment Breakdown reinsurance and related services to insurance companies throughout North America. Our products are developed in partnership with primary insurance companies, reinsurance intermediaries and agents/brokers.
Mutual Boiler Re is currently seeking a Reinsurance Territory Manager in the midwest region.
This Reinsurance Territory Manager candidate will be accountable for developing and maintaining a profitable portfolio of Equipment Breakdown treaty reinsurance business for Mutual Boiler Re in the northeast region by leveraging our strengths as a competitive differential in the marketplace. The candidate will accomplish this through efficient marketing, and monitoring of Partner Company performance, negotiation of treaty terms and pricing, and promoting and delivering MBRe reinsurance products and services at a level superior to the competition.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent; Previous Reinsurance experience and CPCU accreditation desirable.
- Minimum 5 years combined Mutual Boiler Re or equivalent industry experience including property insurance / reinsurance, treaty development and Equipment Breakdown technical underwriting / engineering experience. - Possess knowledge of all aspects of the Equipment Breakdown insurance and reinsurance business.
- General understanding of property and casualty insurance/reinsurance is needed as well as a thorough grasp of our key business drivers and the financial elements leading to overall profitability.
- Exhibits sound judgment, decision making and sales/influencing/negotiation/ presentation skills, oral and written communication, interpersonal relations, planning and organization, problem solving, and good team building skills.
-Customer-focused and service oriented, with the ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships with Partner Companies, prospects, and intermediaries/agents.
- Technology-proficient with demonstrated knowledge of computer business applications.