FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the VMS server platform in support of FM Global's key Financial applications that include the insurance accounting systems worldwide. The scope of responsibilities include the installation, upgrade, configuration, and troubleshooting/problem resolution of the VMS operating system and related 3rd party layered products, virtualization software, and system hardware. This position is additionally responsible for system backups & restores, ensuring adequate data storage, monitoring & optimizing system performance, ensuring compliance with established security practices, disaster recovery planning & testing, and generating operational reports and system documentation. These accountabilities require effective interaction with both internal and external resources that include the associated I.S. application teams, I.S. infrastructure teams, corporate Service Desk, business teams, and hardware/software vendors .
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- 5-7+ years in Information Technology with 3-4+ years in an enterprise environment
- Solid interpersonal and business relationship skills, including the ability to work independently or on a team
-Sound knowledge of server architecture and administration including operating system, layered products & system utilities, backups/restores, storage, monitoring & system optimization, and system security measures
Working knowledge of database technologies and data networking
-Working knowledge of the Charon VMS virtualization software and Windows server a plus.
- For the virtualized systems, a general knowledge of the Windows server platform to effectively interact with the Windows server specialists
- Fundamental knowledge of FM Global's business processes
- Sound verbal & written communication skills
- Organizational & planning skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritze activities, and project manage small to mid-size efforts