FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The successful candidate will have the necessary skill and experience to test electronic products, including industrial fire alarm and signaling equipment. Products are tested for performance and electrical safety.
- The candidate shall be capable of designing and fabricating testing apparatus and setups as required for each assigned task, and shall be capable of working with minimal supervision and documenting the test results at the conclusion of the testing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required due to occasional client interaction.
- In addition to the testing activities, the candidate shall be capable of reviewing, applying technical judgement and processing client submitted design change documentation.
- Occasional travel to the Engineering and Research Campus in West Glocester, RI will be required.
Associates Degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic technology, with a minimum of 5 years electrical / electronic experience.
- Basic computer literacy
- Competency with MS Office
- Experience with Industrial Fire Alarm & Signaling equipment would be a distinct bonus.